Trek of Dharamsala to Triund
This is the most visited picnic spot near the mt. Dhauladhar and an adventurous medium strength trekking to the the hills of Dhauladhar at Dharamsala.
Departure Dates : Regular treks from march to November every year
- Cost on request, as per program or requirements
Day 1 – Pathankot & Dharamsala
Arriving in Pathankot early morning, we then transfer by coach to Dharamsala – the spiritual home of his Holiness the Dalai Lama. There we will be some free time today to explore this fascinating town, before we meet later in the evening for dinner and a briefing for the start of our Trek tomorrow.
Day 2: Mcleodganj – Triund (2900m) – 9Km
It is a beautiful walk through mixed forests of the deodar, oak and rhododendron. Triund is situated on a ridge with a beautiful view of whole Kangra valley on one side and Dhauladhar mountain range on the other. Overnight stay in a tents.
Day 3: Triund – Laka Got (Snow-Line) – 3350m – Triund
The second day trek cover 6 km (one way) distance along glacial moraines. Laka Got situated at the snout of a small glacier is the base camp for the shephards. The small glacier is called snow line. Lunch at snow line and return to Triund.
Day 4: Triund – Mcleodganj
Take the same route on the way back or follow the grassy ridge which will lead to Bhagsu Nag Temple, after crossing a small waterfall on the way. Mcleodganj is only 1.5 Km from the Bhagsu Nag by road. Overnight in Hotel
Day 5 – Dharamsala – Pathankot
We have a free morning to further explore this magical town – why not visit the Tibetan market or take a visit to one of the majestic monasteries? In the afternoon, we take the transfer back to Pathankot train station to catch the overnight sleeper train back to Delhi.
The above costs will include services as under:
- 2 nights at Hotel Mcleod ganj with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- 2 nights at tent at Triund with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- Private surface transportation pick up drop Pathankot train station
- All trekking equipment including tent on twin sharing, sleeping bags, sleeping mats,
- Guide, cook, helper, porters to carry the camping gear.
The above cost will not include services as under:
- Expense of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone bill and tips etc.